|Runner entries have now closed.|
|Thank you for the large number of entries received|
Schedule leading up to Marathon
The 1st Kanazawa Marathon(Kanazawa Marathon 2015)
The Kanazawa Marathon Organizing Committee
(Ishikawa Prefectural Government, City of Kanazawa, The Hokkoku Shimbun, Ishikawa Athletics Association, Kanazawa Athletics Association)
Ishikawa Athletics Association, Kanazawa Athletics Association
Date & Time
November 15, 2015 (Sunday)
Start 9:00/ End 16:00 ※Races will take place rain or shine
It starts at Hirosaka-dori Street and finishes at the Ishikawa Prefecture Seibu Ryokuchi Koen Park Athletics Stadium, with a circuit-style course that provides many opportunities to enjoy Kanazawa's charms.
Bib Number Pickup
|1) Dates||Over two days, November 13 (Fri) – November 14 (Sat), 2015|
|2) Place||Kanazawa Station (Event plaza in basement of Motenashi Dome) / Ishikawa Prefecture Ongakudo Koryu Hall|
|3) Times||Nov. 13 (Fri) 14:00 – 21:00
Nov. 14 (Sat) 10:00 – 20:00
- ※You must pick up your bib number on one of the two dates given.
- ※Bib numbers cannot be picked up on the day of the event (Sunday, November 15th)
- ※Please bring along your personal ID for verification. (All pickups must be in person.)
- ※Please bring cards/documents that show your place of residency at the time of application.
- ※Without personal ID/residency documents you will not be accepted into the marathon.
- ※Companion runners must also pick up on the above dates.
- ※Time limit based on signal gun.
Number of participants
- ※Participants will be chosen by lottery if there are too many applications.
- ※Priority will be given to foreigners who live abroad, long-term stay tour participants, and physically disabled individuals.
10,000 Yen ※Participants need to pay a processing fee at the time of application
Time Checkpoints (To Be Confirmed)
Time checkpoints will be set throughout the marathon, based on transport safety, security, and our operations and logistics requirements. Entrants who arrive at the checkpoint well after the designated closing time will be asked to withdraw from the marathon.
|Checkpoint||Distance(km)||Stage Distance(km)||Closing Time|
Requirements to Participate
Must be born before April 1, 1997
1. Runners registered with the Japan Association of Athletics Federations.
2. Individuals from the general population who are not yet registered with the Association.
- ※Along with falling into one of the above categories, both foreign and Japanese runners who are selected to run must be able to complete the course within 6 hours 45 minutes.
- ※Individuals with physical disabilities who find it hard to run may be accompanied by one other person.
(Guide dogs are not allowed to accompany.)
- ※Participation by wheelchair is not possible.
- (1) The first 8 runners to finish in each the men's and women's categories will be awarded.
- (2) The first 6 runners to finish in each age group (set up in 10-year increments ranging from below 20 years old to above 70 years old) will be recognized.
- ※Excluding the runners that are honored through (1).
- ※Award certificates will be sent out at a later date.
- (3) Special prizes will also be awarded to runners who complete the marathon in specific places.
This event will be held in accordance with the provisions of this tournament and the 2015 competition rules of the Japan Association of Athletics Federations.
- •Race time will be measured using timekeeping chips.
- •Gross race time (measured from the start gun) will be used to determine entrant rankings.
- ※Rankings will be announced accurate to the second. In the event that two or more entrants achieve the same time, rankings will be determined by 1/100th of a second. Net time (measured from each individual's passing of the start line) will also be used as supporting evidence.
The Kanazawa Marathon event organizer values the importance of personal information. Entrants' personal information will be handled in accordance with the relevant laws and statutes concerning protection of personal information, and the privacy policies of the event organizing committee. Personal information will be used for published race times, as well as the improvement of services for all marathon entrants, including balloting, event guidance, registration notification, related event notifications, and other miscellaneous services from the marathon's supporting and related organizations.
- ※The event organizers may contact you to confirm the details of your registration.
- ※Underage entrants must obtain the permission of their parents or guardians before applying.
- Entrants are expected to take their health into consideration and complete sufficient training before participating in the marathon, as well as undergo a health check before race day to ensure their condition is suitable. During the marathon, entrants are encouraged to keep to a manageable pace so as not to compromise their health. Entrants are advised not to participate if they experience any physical health problems prior to the marathon. Entrants must fill out and submit a health-related checklist as part of the registration process. Should entrants experience any abnormal physical discomfort during the marathon, they should withdraw immediately.
- As there are no parking facilities available at the event locations, please use public transport to make your way to the starting point on race day. The event organizers take no responsibility for any late arrivals caused by public transport or road traffic delays, so please aim to arrive well ahead of time.
- Entrants' personal belongings will be carried from starting point to the goal point by the organizer. It may delay the delivery caused by public transport or road traffic delays.
- The starting position will be determined by the arrangement of designated blocks. Each block will refer to the reported (estimated) start time; if the reported (estimated) time is not reported then those entrants will start from the last position.
- Please do not come to the marathon wearing any clothes or costumes that may inconvenience, endanger, or offend others around you.
- Any patterns or logos representing businesses or commercial products for advertising purposes, or any other advertising material, must not be displayed or worn at the marathon (including while running).
This application site is only valid for those who are residing outside Japan at the time of application, and can provide documented proof of this when collecting their bib number in 2015. (Those residing in Japan are not allowed to apply using this site.)
Application Terms and Conditions
- Only applications from persons who qualify under the “Application Eligibility” section will be accepted. Applications from persons who do not qualify under the aforementioned section will be canceled, regardless of intent or accident, and no refunds will be made.
- The provision of false information (age, gender, address, etc.), or participation in the marathon by a different person to the registered entrant, is not permitted. Any applications found to contain false or misleading information after submission will be canceled and no refunds will be made.
- In the event that applicants experience any illness, loss of belongings, or similar incidents during the Kanazawa Marathon, the event organizers take no responsibility outside of emergency measures such as first aid treatment. (Entrants will be covered under the event organizers' accident insurance.)
- Submitted applications cannot be canceled for personal reasons.
- In the event that the Kanazawa Marathon is canceled due to earthquakes, floods, typhoons, blizzards, epidemics, and other natural or human disasters and accidents beyond the control of the event organizers, no refunds of application or processing fees will be made.
- No refunds will be made for overpayments or multiple payments for one application.
- The event organizers reserve the right to use and publish in print, visual media or online materials, any video footage, photographic images, or written articles from the Kanazawa Marathon containing any entrants' likeness and details (name, age, location (country, prefecture, or town name). Additionally, with the authorization of the event organizer, some photographs and other material may be sold commercially.
- The event organizers will abide by and follow the relevant laws and statues relating to the protection of personal information.
- The Kanazawa Marathon will be conducted in accordance with all Japanese laws and statutes.
- The event organizers will conduct the Kanazawa Marathon event in accordance with these terms and conditions and the rules of the Marathon.
- Underage entrants must obtain the permission of their parents or guardians before applying.
Important Information for Applicants
- Multiple applications from one person are not allowed. Applicants found submitting multiple applications will be disqualified, and no refunds will be made.
- The provision of false or misleading personal information, such as name, age, gender, track records, etc. is not permitted. Applicants or organizations found to be acting inappropriately in this regard will be disqualified, and barred from applying to future Kanazawa Marathon events.
- Submitted applications cannot be canceled, modified, or amended. The executive office will contact you for clarification only if there are any issues with the submitted details.
- Please note that the Kanazawa Marathon entry center and executive office will not respond to any queries about the status of submitted applications or balloting results.
- No registration transfers or third party runners are allowed in the Kanazawa Marathon. Any applicants found to be doing so will be disqualified. In this instance, the event organizers will not provide any form of compensation or refund.
- The event organizers take no responsibility for any late applications caused by postal delays, or Internet connectivity/device malfunctions.
- Please note that some applications made over the Internet may not be successful due to the applicant's device, operating system, or Internet browser.
T-shirt (to be confirmed)
- ※Entrants who do not specify their desired T-shirt size will be given an L for men or M for women
Introduction to Kanazawa
Please direct inquiries to
Kanazawa Marathon Entry Desk
JTB Sports Station
7F JTB Bldg 2-1-25, Kyutaro-machi,
Chuo-ku, Osaka, 541-0056 Japan
TEL:＋81-6-6267-5163(hours 9:30-17:30; closed Sat.,Sun.,holidays）**Japan Standard Time(GMT+9)**